|Mass Market Paperback
Suggests healthful meal plans, and shares recipes for appetizers, soups, salads, meat, poultry, seafood, pasta, bread, sauces, and dessertsPublishers Description
Dr. Atkins' New Diet Cookbook contains over 200 of the most-asked-for recipes at the Atkins Center. From Gazpacho and Steak Au Poivre to Creamy Mushroom Soup and Crunchy Seafood Salad, the variety of choices is immense, and dieters never feel deprived as the pounds melt away.
Est. Packaging Dimensions: Length: 1" Width: 6.25" Height: 9"
Weight: 0.85 lbs.
Release Date Nov 1, 1995
Availability 82 units.
Availability accurate as of Jan 20, 2018 09:42.
Usually ships within one to two business days from La Vergne, TN.
Orders shipping to an address other than a confirmed Credit Card / Paypal Billing address may incur and additional processing delay.
|1||Books > Subjects > Cooking, Food & Wine > General [9481 similar products]|
|2||Books > Subjects > Cooking, Food & Wine > Natural Foods [489 similar products]|
|3||Books > Subjects > Cooking, Food & Wine > Special Diet > Healthy [972 similar products]|
|4||Books > Subjects > Health, Mind & Body > Authors, A-Z > Atkins, Robert C. > General [15 similar products]|
|5||Books > Subjects > Health, Mind & Body > Authors, A-Z > Atkins, Robert C. > Paperback [10 similar products]|
|6||Books > Subjects > Health, Mind & Body > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Atkins Diet [19 similar products]|
|7||Books > Subjects > Health, Mind & Body > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Low Fat [224 similar products]|
|8||Books > Subjects > Health, Mind & Body > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Maintenance [767 similar products]|
|9||Books > Subjects > Health, Mind & Body > General [18241 similar products]|
Reviews - What do our customers think?
|Excellent Cookbook Dec 5, 2007|
|Yummy recipes! The Atkins protein bars (peanut butter) are not bad either. Those you can get at any health food store.|
|To Good To Be True Feb 17, 2005|
|The Adkins diet works because decreasing your carb intake decreases your calorie intake and it also works by your body loosing significant fluids secondary to increased urine excretions of ketones (from fat burning) and nitrogen (from use of protein for energy rather than the body's first choice of glucose from carbs).|
Problems related to this diet include:
* increased protein diets heavily burden the kidneys to excrete exessive amounts of nitrogen which has been shown to lead to loss of renal (kidney) function with aging.
*Inadequate carb intake compromises glycogen storage in liver and muscles (the body's 1st choice for energy source) risking fatigue and poor performance
*Protein in excess of need is used for energy (but if you are fatigued from lack of carbs you wont use the energy), the other protein is converted to fat, and its a well known health risk to have an increased body fat %
* Also, high protein is associated with increased urinary excretion of calcium, and may therefore contribute to osteoporosis.
* High intake of animal proteins are linked to atherosclerosis (related to saturated fat and cholesterol content) and to colon and prostate cancers.
Honestly this diet is not healthy for you at all. Eating a well balanced diet and regularly getting excercise will help you stay healthy and can remove you from the burden and cost that all of these fad diets offer. No matter how Mr. Adkins died doesn't matter... what matters is that you have a choice to make good decisions about your health and realize that sometimes these fad diets are too good to be true and we could be putting ourselves at risk by believing they are the answer to our problems.
|50 lbs Lost, Off Insulin, Feel Great! Oct 28, 2004|
|1. To start with, I am a Cardiac Intensive Care Nurse and "binky"'s comments were absolutely right about Atkin's death.....and the explanation of the fluid gain |
2. I have been diabetic over 20 yrs, much of that time on insulin. Some yrs ago, I noticed that if I had a meeting at work that required my attention, I would skip meals. I was sluggish, tired all the time, massive yeast infections, and so many other problems. I told my mother that I thought food was killing me....I felt so much better without food! But it was the sneaky lil carbs making me so sick!
How excited I was to discover Dr. Atkins! So now after 7 yrs on Atkins, I maintain my weight with 20 gms carbs or less a day and I no longer crave carbs. I quit buying big bags of potatoes and loaves of bread! His Revolution and this diet book helped the most. I have adapted some of the recipes in the book to suit my taste.
My doctor will tell me the usual AMA garbage about this diet and then compliments me on all the progress! Hmmmmm. In the hospital, an 1800 ADA diet includes 5 starches a day and small amt of protein! Yuck! Boy, you should have seen the hospital dietician when my doctor let me be on a modified Atkins while hospitalized!
Hope this helps ya'll out there!
|The TRUTH about Dr. Atkins death Jun 1, 2004|
|It is astonishing to read the slam pieces here about Dr. Atkins so-called obesity and overweight condition at the time of his death. Here are the facts:|
* He previously had a heart condition called cardiomyopathy -- a serious disease of the heart muscle which is unrelated to diet.
* He died of a head injury because of an accident falling on slippery ice and not of being overweight.
* His actual weight was 200 pounds when he was admitted to the hospital at the time of his accident. The erroneous reports of him weight 258 lbs was based on his weight at the time of his death. The extra weight was not fat, but an accumulation of body fluids linked to organ failure during his coma.
* His previous reported heart attack was due to a viral infection and not diet related. He spoke openly of his condition on various national news programs.
* The report that was released about him being overweight was leaked to the press by a group named "Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine", which is an ardent opponent of the Atkins diet. In short, they distorted his weight by reporting the weight at the time of death - 258 lbs, and not at the time of his admittance - 200 lbs...an obvious attempt to discredit and distort the facts surrounding Dr. Atkins death.
* A formal complaint has been filed by the Medical Examiner of New York regarding the suspicious leak of this information to the public by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine."
* The disinformation surrounding Dr.Atkins untimely death is politically driven by the AMA and other detractors of the diet.
Dr. Atkins book, New Diet Revolution has turned the AMA and other nutritional views upside down and has created a furor over the standard edicts of the medical profession. What is not said among the detractors of the Diet is that it is safe and it works. The information contained in this book will not only help you lose weight, it could save your life. The food industry, especially the bread and pasta industry have lost hundreds of millions of dollars because of the low carb revolution. Is it any wonder that this diet is under so much fire? Keep an open mind and read the book.
As a side note, ignor the mumbo-jumbo rantings and ravings of the "Elixir Diet" system. The hatred and mis-information spread by the reviewer is evidence enough that the Elixir system is phony as a three cent penny. Nuff said. The guy hasn't even read the Atkins book! Sheesh.
|Save your money and go to the Web site Feb 16, 2004|
|I bought this cookbook before looking at the Atkins Web site. Big mistake. You can find these recipes, and in some cases updates of them, for free on the Web site. You can also find lots of low-carb recipes by searching with Google. This book also could have used the assistance of an experienced cookbook editor.|
Write your own review about Dr. Atkins' New Diet Cookbook
Add This Product Widget To Your Website
Looking to add this information to your own website? Then use our Product Widget to allow you to display product information in a frame that is 120 pixels wide by 240 pixels high.
Copy and paste the following HTML into your website and enjoy!